Friday, November 25, 2011

Crispy Tadyang, #HOHOX and a dose of OMC

Legend:
#HOHOX - Hang Out Hang Out Extreme
OMC - One More Chance (Popoy & Basha)
Crispy Tadjang from JayJays

Had one of the awesome-est night with awesome-est architects! As in #HOHOX #HOHOX if Boys Night Out would permit me to overuse this term over and over and over again. Went out with ze architects and Paul was host of the night. Of course, if someone's gonna host a dinner for free, who would file overtime and who cares if there's a rush delivery the next day when you are invited to dinner with friends? Partner it with a good laugh over a good dinner and everything will be oh-so-fine!


Ze boys made me sin last night. I was on my no meat phase yet yet YET that Crispy Tadyang held its hands up in the air and shouted, "TRY ME TRY ME TRY ME!!!!" And boy I did try and with one bite, it was....it was unexplainable. The meat is very very tender yet very very crispy on the outside. It creates fireworks inside your mouth actually! You'll taste the crisp of the outer layer then you're introduced to the tenderness of the meat. After which, you'l' end up asking, "is this dish seasoned with only salt and pepper?" coz if yes, then I'm guessing they have this secret spice or something! I was in total heaven. I wanna describe it rich and creamy but it doesn't fit but yes, I think I'd go for rich. Haha!


Their Sisig is different from my mom's. Mom owns it in a DAU version. So I grew up eating Sisig in its simplest form. And mind you, I never liked mayo on my Sisig. I think it just doesn't hit it right. Like you know, there's oil, margarine, pork cheeks, egg and mayo (egg and oil). Parang redundant na kase?  So I wasn't really that eager to get my first bite. But nung napapansin ko na ako na ang umuubos ng Crispy Tadyang e I gave Sisig with mayo a shot. 


Well, after one bite? It got me thinking, maybe I'm a Sisig-mayo person after all! I never knew mayo in Sisig makes it richer in taste! As in RICHER in taste. It doubles up that goodness that you just wanna taste bite after bite! I was left there thinking, Dau version what? I like JayJay's better!!! I sure wanna try cooking it at home but I'm not good in cooking Filipino dishes. So Imma convince my mom to cook Sisig and I will try mixing mayo in it! YEAAAHHH!

And we had 3 bottles of San Mig Premium and it's now reigning my bucket list! Can't say I like it better than Tanduay Ice and Gilbey's Premium but YES! If I wanna beer then San Mig Premium it is!!! :D

Yay that's me with my architects: Paul (kilabot ng PrimeHomes) and Dan (the ever so lonely boy). HAHA! 

Architects will forever look yummy to me! Like before when I was in college ang linya ko forever is course pa lang, ulam na! E ngayon na we're all yuppies so lemme change it to career pa lang, ulam na! HOHOHOHO!

We finished the #HOHOX with starbs. Me likey the packaging! Dan & I got the "Let's rediscover why we're bestfriends" while Paul got "When we're together, snowmen come to life". How sweet the messages are. :)


There's more to this #HOHOX but I will post that in my life blog. This is a food blog so I'd rather keep the things not related with food outta here! And when I say more, I mean more more more details, personal details. You know, the things in between laugh, tears and conversations. Yikes! Don't wanna give details. Hahaha! 

Oh! Please give credit to the 2 boys for the photos because they got it blurry most of the time! HAHAHA! 

And we're hitting Cubao for an OMC Pilgrimage and Tagaytay and Mount Pulag this February!!! Awesome friends are indeed awesome. E pano kapag your friends are architects, inevitable na yun! YEAAAH MEN! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment