Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Aglio Olio with Parmesan-crusted Eggplants and Calamari


That yummy Aglio Olio that I cooked! (buhatan na ng bangko ito! hahahaha!)

Aglio Olio is a no secret dish. I mean, it's the easiest dish there is for a pasta! Just throw in garlic to your EVOO, add anchovies, red pepper flakes, cooked spaghetti and hwoahla, Aglio Olio hot from the stove! You may also add chopped Italian flat leaf parsley and taste the difference when added! 

Now, you just got me thinking that this should be pasta for the whores! Not Puttanesca. Really now? I mean we are talking about the availability of the ingredients right? I mean come on! Who wouldn't have garlic, anchovies and Olive oil in their pantries. Tell me! 

But who am I kidding? I'm not even an Italian to actually throw a fit so I think I'll just blog on how to cook this very very very very complicated-NOT dish! 


What I did was well, throw in 3 cloves of chopped garlic to the EVOO, then add the anchovy fillets and mash until completely dissolved. Add red pepper flakes and a can of tuna. But since my mom hates anything spicy, I omitted the red pepper flakes yet opted for a spicy canned tuna(I LIKE IT WITH A KICK so sorry momma!). On a high heat, throw in your pasta and if the sauce becomes too dry, add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water. Turn off the stove and mix the chopped flat-leaf parsley. 

For toppings: Dip your seasoned chopped eggplants and squid in a cup of flour. After which, dip in egg and we are talking about double breading here so dip again in your parmesan-breadcrumbs mixture. Deep fry. 

See how easy and fast that was? Aglio Olio is everyone's basic recipe. You can add anything at any given time like in my case, I added a can of tuna. You may also add fresh spinach that wilts when warmed giving you that yummy yummy green in your pasta. You may also add toasted pine nuts. Believe me, Aglio Olio has no boundaries. As in create your own world, your own future.

Yeah? Now, off you cook! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment