Sunday, October 14, 2012

Batangas-bound! :)

Dan's mom invited me to join them for a Sunday visit at Batangas. Yep, it means waking up really early on a Sunday morning + long drive. I have no problems with long drives but waking up early....OMG. :(

Good thing though I was able to meet them on time! After 3 hours of long steady drive c/o tita Gina, we finally arrived at my boyfriend's province: Ibaan, Batangas. Add to that being welcomed by one of their delicacies, suman squarea with toasted pinipig/niyog and a sweet sauce similar to what they use for taho.


I was also able to taste their infamous adobo sa gata! It was so yummy that I asked ate Lorna how to cooked the controversial dish! It was pretty simple actually, minced garlic + onions + ground pepper + chicken + simmer without water + soy sauce + atsuete + gata + vinegar. I will try to cook it and if ever it came out well, expect it on my blog! It somehow tasted like chicken curry that I love love love love love! Or maybe because atsuete and gata was present that's why it was an instant hit for me!



Their pancit was delish too! Sadly, I was not able to take photos of the tamales! Maybe next time coz my mom just requested for it. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment