Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank you CHOI PALACE!

Justin brought me along to his dinner with the BIG BOSSES! I was a bit weary when he said they were at Choi Palace because:

1. I haven't eaten there!
2. Justin dislikes Chinese food
3. I was gonna meet his bosses

Justin dislikes Chinese food. He said it lacks taste and umami. I, on the other hand, love Chinese cuisine and I vowed to myself that I will make him change his mind! I brought him to Crystal Jade and I failed. After that, I promised to take him where the bigs boys are! But how could I when our next Chinese adventure is at Choi Palace? I have zero idea about it and I haven't read articles about the place so we're headed to our next rah rah, both clueless.

Though we arrived late, we were welcomed with a buffet of choices! Well not exactly a buffet but I assume that you get the point. There was Yang Chow, Spare ribs, Halibus (?), Tofu steak, a platter of century eggs, seaweeds and chicken slices, and Dimsum. I took my sword, armor and shield for I was ready to launch an attack!



Yang Chow was of course, good! I haven't been to a Chinese resto who didn't do their fried rice, justice! Well a couple but you know, still good. This one though is damn good! You can tell how many egg whites were used to make it set altogether.



Spareribs was delish though I've gotten used to the salt and pepper kind. It tastes sweet and has this coat of sauce wrapped around it. It was good. Well, for a change right?



I made Justin try the seaweeds for they were my fave! :)



And then his boss, Greg, ordered this Tofu steak that totally killed Teriyaki Boy's!!! It was awesomesauce! Amidst the crispy exterior lies a soft and creamy tofu topped with spinach! It was great with what seemed like an oyster sauce, and the abalone mushrooms were added to complete the masterpiece. Bok Choy stalks are there for your veggie fix and it complements with the sauce, tofu and mushrooms as well. Overall, I think this dish really defined our dinner. It creates a firework of textures and really, it was a mouthwatering experience!


For dessert, we were served with mango purée with pearls. It was simple yet really yummy. They used super sweet mangoes and the little pearls matched it perfectly. You actually deserve this kind of finish after all you've been through.



But wait, they also made us try this Yam and Pandan (?) gelatin. It was a surprising dish, simple yet packed with a very powerful taste! It has two layers: opaque and transparent. It was really tasty and creamy for a gelatin! I'm guessing whipping cream was added during the boiling stage that's why it's really creamy, well for the opaque layer coz it kind of resembled a mousse. sadly though, I'm not sure how they did it with the latter. I swear, you haven't had a gelatin this good!

We packed our bags and called it a night! I thank Justin's bosses for helping me change his mind! For Justin to compliment Chinese dishes is really a miracle! Job well done guys! And well, JOB WELL DONE CHOI! :)

I'll be back with my pack! You wait for me! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment