Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tuna and Mushrooms in Garlic and Thyme

























I came home starving for I haven't eaten carbs the whole day. I heard my hunger scream as slice every ingredients for dinner so I thought of foods allowable during phase 1.

I grabbed a can of tuna for protein, and canned button mushrooms to add a hint of meat. I knew I needed a regulator so I looked for veggies in the fridge. Sadly, I have none left but green bell peppers. So I grabbed one bell pepper and sliced it julienned.

You wanna heat 4 tablespoons of butter and throw in the minced garlic. Saute your tuna and sliced button mushrooms. Add a dash of salt and pepper and 3 tablespoons EVOO. Cook for about a minute. Add in a teaspoon of fresh thyme and throw in your julienned green bell peppers to saute. Serve while hot.

You could add a dash of cayenne pepper for that extra kick!

I love the fireworks it creates inside your mouth. The aroma of thyme and garlic cooked in butter is just pure goodness in every bite. Very very flavorful dish!

Give this a try! Highly recommended! :) #cookingwithoutArecipe


No comments:

Post a Comment