Thursday, January 19, 2012

Butter, Sage and Spanish Paprika

I've been playing with herbs lately. Yesterday, I went for butter and thyme, the result was pretty amazing. I think it is when you say "ingredients complementing ingredients". 

I stumbled upon Giada De Laurentiis' recipe blog for Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli with Spicy Butter & Sage. I read and reread the recipe until it gave signals to turn my hunger mode: ON. So I went home to cook myself a brunch. 

What I did was cook the sliced mushroom buttons in 4 tablespoons butter. Cook until butter turns brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add sliced eggplants and julienned sage. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add a can of tuna, cook on high heat. Add your sliced green bell peppers. Add a dash of Spanish Paprika according to your taste of kick. 

I just figured that green bell pepper is a key ingredient in this dish aside from butter, sage and paprika. The sliced bell pepper should be crisp and not overcooked. 

Enjoy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment