Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Flapjack's Mango Exotica and Country Fried Chicken Breast

On breaking my lemon cleanse diet, I decided to still eat healthy by eating a salad. Skipped those in creamy dressing so goodbye Ceasar, we had a good run but I'm dropping you and hello Mango vinaigrette, we meet again.

Mango Exotica   
Lunch Php295   Dinner Php325

The mango vinaigrette has the right amount of sweetness and zing to it though the addition of raisins on every bite makes it move 2 spaces up to the overpowering sweetness department. Blanched sliced almonds give a nice bite to this dish together with the raisins but I'd prefer this dish to have a generous slice of almonds than the latter. Oh, the chicken breasts slices were a bit too dry and the sliced mangoes were also a bit sour but I think its okay for if it was sweet, then it would overpower other ingredients thus making the symphony of taste not create a sound of music.

Overall, this dish is light and heavenly but with the right amount of persuasion to spice up your hunger. I finished the plate feeling hungrier than ever to the point that it made me want to eat more.



Country Fried Chicken Breasts 
Lunch Php295 

The chicken breast was cooked to perfection and of course, what could go wrong with white gravy (or is it béchamel?) sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley to add colour to the dish. What's really surprising about this dish is the tex-mex rice. Well I'm assuming Tex-Mex means Texan-Mexican...I really don't know anything about mexican spices and ingredients for I only eat Mexican dishes and I loooove them. Maybe that's why I'm a bit afraid to try cooking it until this Tex-Mex rice imposed a challenge on me. It made me want to go home and cook for my man!

So what can I say about Flapjacks?
I've yet to try their other bestsellers but based from what Dan and I ordered earlier, Yes! They do serve yummy dishes but the servings were really really small and a bit pricey for the matakaw(glutton) and kuripot (spend-thrift) in me. Hahahaha!

Nevertheless, it's worth a try (Yes Loloo app, it is!). 
Oh noes, I'm still starving....

No comments:

Post a Comment