Sunday, November 20, 2011

Meatless Monday-not. Meatless Month-yes!

Last Sundate, I (again), asked ze bestviaaatch in town to accompany me in my meatless month plan. Of course, I know he would say yes because he's my lemon cleanse partner and he is a health-freak like me! Okay, I take back the "like me" part. I wish I was though. I wish I'd be guilty every time I consume calories and fats but they are just so darn good that I cannot resist even a single bite! :s

So to formally celebrate our Meatless Month, we decided to overeat today! Haha! I introduced him the Wintermelon Tea from Gong Cha (Thanks Chawz!) and then we went to check my car coz I think I forgot to check the handbrake. After a little walk here and there, we decided to eat again. This time at Mango Tree Bistro.



We really didn't know what to eat because we're not fond of Thai food. We didn't even know what to order so I asked the waitress their specialties. Of course, she told us by heart every signature dish they have and I think it only lasted a minute so weren't able to really process everything. So I just flipped the pages and saw Pad Thai Goong. And I kind of remember this dish how? Well, I used to design marketing and advertising collaterals for a chinese restaurant and it was one of her signature dishes so I decided to out my 2 cents on this one dish. :)








After trying out the Pad Thai Goong and man it was amazing, I think I wanna try every Pad Thai Goong and rate all of em like you know, be in search of the best Pad Thai Goong in town! Hahaha! Or maybe I'd just go to Thailand and eat an authentic one. YES? :D


We ordered an appetizer too but I forgot what its called. All I know is that it has sapporo noodles, carrots and shitake mushrooms. But it was equally yummy as well! :) I think I wanna go back here at Mango Tree Bistro and bring my trusty old dslr and you know, make an amateur review for this one resto with good old pictures and not iphone-taken ones. Who is with me on this one? Tara? Leggo? :D

And after a little walk here and there, we went to Frutti Froyo for a knock-out (healthy) dessert. He actually wanted to buy another Wintermelon Tea but I think I can't anymore. I was super busog, can you blame me? Even if I wanted another venti, I just can't anymore! And so we partnered it with a good laugh over spotting pretty girls around the corner. YUH!

Look at my yummy Frutti Froyo with peppermint candies! :)

And so here's to a month of no pork and beef. YEAHHHHH! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment