Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Steady dinner

That sudden crave for pasta resulted to an unplanned dinner at The Old Spaghetti House.

I ordered their Pinoy Pasta with garlic longganisa and Dan ordered Golden Crusted Chicken with Angel Hair in Marinara Sauce.

The verdict:

Pinoy Pasta tasted like breakfast. It tasted like macaroni soup and it's somehow similar to the usual Pinoy Carbonara only that it uses longganisa instead of bacon. It also has tuyo flakes which really took the limelight from the garlic longganisa that it should have been Pinoy Pasta with spicy tuyo flakes. Beware though, the dish is kind of spicy. So? Well it's good but not that good to make you forget your name and I have said, I wish it had a lot of crispy longganisa.


The Golden Crusted Chicken tasted like country-fried chicken with country gravy. It's really good and wait, it has melted cheese and ham inside. Similar to Cordon Bleu dishes! But it wasn't indicated in the menu so I guess that's their surprise for us diners. The angel hair marinara was awesome also. The marinara sauce was well simmered that it had that umami taste in red sauces.

So there, I think I wanna order what Dan ordered the next time I go back here. Haha! But definitely no more Pinoy Pasta next time! I do think I can cook it better, you wait for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment