Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jupao's No Baked Cheesecake

I've had this recipe for a while. It came from a good friend who is now working in one of the most prestigious hotels in Singapore. All started when we talked about baking, then we headed to cheesecakes until he told me his grandmother's secret recipe: 

No Baked Cheesecake using Cottage Cheese.


Of course, let me call this my version of Jupao's Cottage Cheesecake (No Baked!). Lol! I love how it tasted so light with a hint of richness on it. It made me wanna try the Italians' version of cheesecake via ricotta for it might turn out even lighter. The sweet peach syrup complemented the light cottage cheesecake making it very compatible for lazy afternoons with a cup of robust coffee, of course!

I will definitely make this again but I might double the cheesecake ingredients. Since it's really light, eating a big chunk wouldn't hurt a bit sooo bitin talaga kapag konting servings lang!  


According to Jupao, beat 3/4 cups of sugar and a cup of cream cheese but of course, please do not over mix. To over mix a cream cheese is a sin! Set aside. Next is to dissolve a pocket of gelation in a hot-warm water. Now this is important, I forgot to ask him the volume of water so I dissolved it in a 1/3 cup of hot-warm water and stirred. Let it settle for a while. Now, mix 2 pockets of cottage cheese in your sugar and cream cheese mixture. Well, I didn't mix it until smooth though. I like my cottage cheesecake with little cheese crumbles in it. Also throw in and mix the dissolved gelatin. But if you want your cheesecake smooth, fine...go along and mix until smooth. I also added 3 teaspoons of calamansi (Philippine Lime) juice and a teaspoon of vanilla. The Calamansi lime added a different kick to this dessert. Or maybe we just ran out of lemons but it did taste finer! 

Refrigerate overnight. Top with toppings of your choice.
What I did was slice the canned peaches and boiled in its own syrup with 3/4 cups of sugar.

Serve with a cup of coffee and a good conversation. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment