Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Meatball Pasta

This is the easiest recipe there is for leftover. I made a Chicken Kiev last Monday and because I didn't have enough butter, I had chicken breast leftovers. And because our microwave is broken yet again, I cannot tow frozen meat to whip a decent lunch for the big boys. So there, I was left with leftovers: Marinara Sauce, pesto and chicken breasts.

I made chicken meatballs by adding a head of minced garlic to the grounded chicken breast, seasoned it with paprika (I'm obsessed!), salt and oregano. Pop into the fryer and you're done.

For the red sauce, saute minced 3 cloves of garlic to 1/2 cup of EVOO. Add a cup of marinara sauce and 3 tbsp. of pesto sauce. Add pasta of your choice (but I think this would work well with Angel hair, or am I being biased coz I used Angel Hair but okay let's resume to cooking...) and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and toss together with chicken meatballs and a cup of diced tomatoes. Sprinkle with grated Parmegiano Reggiano before serving.

That was fast. Now dig in boys!

Oh, we had Grilled Pizza Crostinis for appetizer too! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment