Monday, August 8, 2011

Food Styling collab

You all know that I someday want to be a chef who would specialize in Italian Cuisine. Actually before, I never knew chefs should have majors or specialization until I heard it from the great Mario Batali himself whilst scanning the Frech Culinary Institue website. He said that everyone's into French Cuisine yet Italian Cuisine is as diverse and as decadent as how the french carry their own chairs. They introduced the sister-school of FFI NY which is the Italian Culinary Academy and after which, I think Mario Batali is just as good with marketing and promotions!

So anyway, All of you may have noticed the ARTSY FARTSY labels in my blog entries. That is because I am working in a below-the-line agency and quite an artist myself. So when we had this rush print ad project for a sauce company, I booked photographers to do the shoot. Due to the lack of time, we failed to book a food stylist so I decided to handle things on my own since I'm a food enthusiast myself and graduating from one of the prestigious art universities here in the Philippines, I had my self confidence in full throttle.

Naturally, we bought everything as take-away. We just had to place them properly for the camera for if we start from scratch, considering the timeline for the given ad material, I don't think we'd make it. So here, we bought Vietnamese Egg Rolls from Pho Hoa, a known vietnamese restaurant here in the Philippines.

After arranging lettuce (green and violet), I placed the friend spring rolls properly to make them look good in the camera. Also with the help of toothpicks to make them stand a bit. I took julienned carrots from beef BBQ garnishes and threw them in.

Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Tentay Sweet Chili Sauce

The next one was rather tricky because the recipe didn't have anything in contrast so I decided to insert string beans here and there & sprinkle some chopped onion springs. The strings beans somehow looked good because it was able to contrast the warm color of the dish. Also had to recycle the julienne cut carrots.

Shrimp in Sweet Chili Sauce

The last one was somehow similar to the first dish. Had to sprinkle chopped fried basil and recycled julienne cut carrots again. Also placed each bites in a creative manner.

Spring Rolls

So what do you think? Do I have it in me? :)
Please say YES! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment