Monday, December 17, 2012

Luxent Dinner Buffet



Dan and I braved Timog on a Sunday night to avail our buffet voucher from Luxent Hotel. From the looks of it, it's as if the place was just newly established for their elevator still needs further furnishing but as soon as you step inside their buffet and cafe area, you're in a for surprise. It's too bad that we were too hungry to take photos of the place but the international cafe looks really elegant.



We headed towards the buffet area and started digging in. We didn't even bother to ask the what-abouts of the vouchers we were holding because their sushi station already made my mouth water.



The verdict:
It's not as fancy as Spiral or Dad's but their staff are very accommodating. We started getting everything Japanese. I skipped the salad and soup bar for I was ready to put on some pounds. I helped myself through yummy servings of sushi, tuna and salmon sashimi, spicy tuna salad and kani salad. I was actually eating lots while getting tempura and fried Maki.












After getting our hands and chopsticks dirty, we went to get mains. My only comment is that they didn't serve vegetables, just pure meat except for the eggplant and tofu steak which was exceptionally yummy by the way and by the taste of it, looks really easy to make!

They served spinach ravioli which tasted so-so. It had too much cheese that it overpowered the pasta, spinach and the red sauce. Their chicken pastel and everything else tasted normal. What really caught my tastebud is, again, the tofu and eggplant steak. I also helped myself through huge servings of lechon, morcon, and beer battered cream Dory. I just wished they served veggies as well because I can't really live without veggies.



Because their mains failed to amaze me, I immediately went to their dessert station. Boy, they made up for not serving greens because they have like the best egg custard I've ever tasted! I think I consumed like 5 servings in one sitting! Their almond pudding topped with blueberries and tangerine tasted really good too! I mean it was so heavenly that I ate a lot! Like a lot! The dark chocolate cake was really fudgy, heavy and yummy which is the contrast of their mango cake that's more on the light and heavenly department.







They also served fruits and halo-halo but skipped those already since I've been eating fruits a lot these past few days due to GM. Dan made halo-halo which was overflowing with milk! Haha!





Overall, they serve good sushi and desserts but I think their buffet price is kinda pricey compared to DADs which boasts a complete set of different cuisines.

Though I do recommend their egg custard and pudding! Really really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment