Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hainanese delighted!

After my circuit training, Dan told me he was starved to death. I told him that I'll just accompany him because I'm not eating dinner (diet diet-an). Original plan was to eat at food court but we ended up at Hainanese Delight!

You've got to blame the rice meal combo banners because it says there that you get rice toppings + ice tea! What a deal right? And yes, it sounded enticing enough that we decided to abort our first plan.



I, of course, foursquared as Dan went to the counter to order our dinner. I shouted "GYOZA" when he asked me what I wanted. The cashier looked puzzled and asked us if we mean dumplings. Why yes! It's just that the poster looked more like Gyozas.



I was also welcomed with unlimited chicken broth soup(?) sprinkled with chopped onion springs. It actually tastes good for an unlimited soup!

Dan then told me he ordered the best seller, Hainanese chicken rice. I told him that, acoording to foursquare, it was indeed everyone's recommendation.


And yes! It was awesomesauce!!!! It reminded me of my days in KL and Singapore! Just serve me my fave roti canai with curry and I'm heading a trip down memory lane. Chicken was cooked perfectly, the shrimp dumplings were equally yummy as well! The sauce that goes with both dishes are highly-recommended! Plus the condiments! Their chili oil is love love love!



I actually enjoyed dining in Hainanese delights than eating the infamous Korean fried chicken, to the point that I even asked Dan if we could dine again here, maybe lunchtime, so I could eat rice and well, order more? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment