Friday, July 20, 2012

Route 196

Maude, Hidden Nikki and Up Dharma Down played last night at Route 196. We actually went to support Maude because 2 of our friends (now three) plays for the band.

1:30 AM, Dan and I got really hungry that instead of aiming for Burger King, we asked the waiter to give us their menu. Dan ordered Tapsilog rice bowl for P165 and I ordered mushroom and cream for P165 as well. I could have ordered the grilled chicken pesto but it was out of stock so I asked them what their best seller is, the waiter said it was either carbonara or mushroom and cream and since I'm not a big fan of carbonara, I decided to order the latter.

Well what can I say, I was really disappointed with the pasta that I made Dan finish most of the dish. There's nothing really fancy about it. The pasta was over cooked, it had too much cream and it was kinda salty. The Parmesan they also used was processed and the mushrooms were those you can buy in cans.

The Tapsilog wasn't really that special also but it was enough to make up for the pasta dish.

Dan told me to not expect a lot from the menu because it's not really a restaurant. Fine with me but at least be fair with the prices. They dare be expensive when they can't really keep up with those who offer affordable yet delish dishes of restaurants-NOT!

Good thing we went there for Maude, Hidden Nikki and Up Dharma Down. They made up for the menu! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment