Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pasta Margherita

This is a recipe I've been wanting to try for years since a got a taste of Marciano's pizza margherita (a personal fave of mine!). I was too chicken to try it out or sometimes my ingredients would fail me like what that rice pasta did to me! Rice pasta is my worst friend ever with her easy to get over cooked personality. Ugh!

I finally had the balls to whip it last weekend and it turned out pretty successful though I know in my heart that buffalo mozzarella would work well with this dish rather than using the processed ones. My version uses sun-dried tomatoes.

Cooked garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes on a heated EVOO. Added a dash of chili flakes and a teaspoon of dried basil. After which, tossed in the pasta, seasoned it with salt and pepper and added freshly grated parmesan cheese.

If it comes out to dry, you may add 1/2 cup of pasta water and toss again.

Fresh sliced tomatoes, basil and buffalo mozzarella are added the moment you turn the heat off.

Top with lots of grated Parmesan and shredded mozzarella and serve while hot. Also added another dash of cayenne pepper since I like mine devilishly spicy! >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment