Monday, August 8, 2011

Team Gerardos

I know how you guys wound want to read a blog with elements that would help you visualize but I swear I have a photo for this entry yet Den, karya's boyf, has not uploaded it yet so...

Yesterday, I went to see my high school friends for we were planning this decade reunion for our grade school batch mates. Funny thing was, the roster of coordinators, were of course mostly guys and most of them are the flock of black sheep in our batch. At first, Karya and I thought this won't lead into anything but then, when the guys did the talking, we were all dropped dead effin' amazed at how matured they turned out now.

They all started being serious with the event planning and they appointed me as the Event Manager/ Event Over-all since I work for a below-the-line agency. So I provided them the Pre-Proper-Post Event processes in which they took the responsibility of each committee without hesitating if they can do it or not. And you know, just seeing how matured the guys are now, I just can't help but adore them.

Good thing I brought with me my bestfriend so she instantly became a committee head for registration. I told her that this'll be good for her to keep her mind off her current situation with her boyf. So after a very productive event planning, we all decided to eat dinner. Naturally, we went for TechnoHub but since the guys (most of them are guys!) wanted to have a few drinks, we went to Gerardos. Well, the original plan was Tides but it wasn't open last night.

There are people you'll love and adore, of course, there are someone you'd hate. And the guy was actually sitting beside me talking about nonsense and blowing too much air on me. And what I didn't like was he was boasting about my industry. And you would know those with knowledge and those who doesn't have a clue. Clearly, this guy doesn't have a clue with what's going on in the real world of Advertising and Design. I tried to keep my mouth shut and you have no idea how itching my ego was last night to put him to sleep. I could knock him off with a word, even with just a simple case study!

How I hate people who go around boasting about everything when clearly, they don't have anything at stake. I'd rather hear you talk about yourself but make sure everything's real for if you do not stand by the truth, you won't earn even my least respect. And clearly, he did not. With him talking the whole night, though the night turned out fun if you just eradicate this self-proclaimed-mr-i-can-do-all-that guy.

The guys talked about SMART GILAS vs. SMART All-Stars and the ladies jived in as if the topic wasn't only for boys. That's what I like about my crowd: no room for girly girlies. Just imagine drop-dead gorgeous ladies talk about basketball. WE KNOW THE GAME. Our school actually gives more importance with sports than with studies but don't judge, we are all just as bright and we mean it. We are versatile. Yuh, I think that's the right term.

After a couple of drinks, my self-proclaimed cousin told me to get home because he needs to brief me with label design projects I had stored for him. A friend of mine also called me to just hear him rant yet see him fairly without passing any judgements. So okay, duty calls. Hahahaha!

(Will post a photo for this as soon as Den uploads it! Clearly, it's a boring here at work. No projects to busybee yourself, YET)

No comments:

Post a Comment