Thursday, July 12, 2012

Full course meal at Oakwood

I went to a marketing seminar with JL at Oakwood last Wednesday. Usually, we sit down and learn. In my case, because our boss doesn't require us to submit a full report about the OB, then I sat down and ate! :)

We were served with tuna croissants upon arrival which made me really really sad because I'm on my SBD phase 1 so I can't really eat carbs (though I failed last night because boyf treated me to Papa Johns!). But I have the greatest idea ever, why not leave out the croissants so I can devour on the spread itself?



Which I did by the way! I'm happy to say that even without the bread, it was equally yummy!



 I make a good tuna sandwich complete with green and red bellpeppers, sweet onions, diced boiled eggs and lots and lots of mozzarella cheese or a quick melting cheese would do. It was my rendition for the salmon spread from my mom's old cookbook. I began to own the recipe when most of my colleagues and relatives began asking me my tuna sandwich recipe. However, there is one I really can't do. How do they make tuna spreads that taste more like a greek yogurt than mayo or maybe something combined. Something like Plato Wrap's chunky chicken or the usual tuna sandwiches served by hotels. Something chunky, rich and full of flavor. Well not full of flavor but it hits the right spot. I mean the right kind of bland and the right kind of delish! Of course, this tuna croissant tasted like those mysterious dishes I just can't make! (insert sad face here) It has big tuna chunks, sweet onions, pickles, bellpeppers, mushrooms (YES! For that bite in it.) And even if I'm on my no carbs, my belly got really satisfied that I was eyeing the tuna croissant of my fellow colleague without me noticing. Ohhh, scary!

After tons of blah blah blah from the speaker, we were served lunch! Yay! My diet makes me hungry all the time because I never feel full. It's always the just the right amount of satisfaction. Here's the main course the waiter served on my table. Artsy huh?



 Now how do you eat something as artsy as this? This plate deserved to be on a canvas plastered to my room! Now if you've noticed, there's this dark brown sauce around the dish. My, I was nervous for I'm not yet ready to take a risk on eating chocolate-flavored mains! So I sliced my zucchini and risked it all. to my surprise, it's a balsamic vinegar! And from there and then, I just cannot stop myself in awe because I loved the dish so much. it has a hint of sweet and sour but was not as strong like those of Chinese dishes and I really really liked the grilled veggies which I'm guessing, were marinated in balsamic vinegar as well.

Of course, though it made me see angels rejoicing, it has some downsides too. the fish fillet was kind of dry and yes, even though the sidings could make up for it...sadly, the fillet should be the star of the dish but it was overthrown by its minions.

Now, aren't you guys wondering why I served the mains before the appetizer? I did and after finishing my wonderful meal, the waiter took my plate and replaced it with corn chowder. I don't know what went wrong but it turned out right for me. The soup made me feel fulled, at last, but since it's a corn chowder, I had to leave out the corns. :(



 I was half-wishing to not get muffins or cakes for dessert because I know deep down that I won't be able to resist! Sweets are my weakness and are my appetizers most of the time. So someone up there heard my prayers and we were served fruits instead.



 In phase 1, you are still not allowed to eat fruits so I had to leave them out. BUT I CAN'T! I took a bite of each. Hahaha!

When the clock struck 3PM, I was there waiting for our next meal. It's Lumpiang Ubod! A fave veggie dish of mine! Actually, I was served BLT Clubhouse and fries but JL was kind enough to exchange his with mine so there!
After our food seminar, marketing seminar I mean, boyfriend asked if I could just go straight to his office because it's nearer from Oakwood than our supposedly meeting place so I did. Boyf's an architect by the way and he co-rendered for Larossa.





































After which, we went to my happy place called Forev21. We got hungry after so he asked me where I wanna eat which is actually absurd because he knows the answer the moment we saw it.
KFC! It's my ultimate comfort food and it beats the hell out of every expensive restaurants our there! Yes, I'm talking to you Bon Chon! :)) We ordered Fun shots and mushroom soup. and here's a photo of my plate flooded with graaaaavy! YUM!



 



And yes, after talking about anything and everything else in between, he took me home. :)















No comments:

Post a Comment